Waiting and Watching (and Sketching)

Waiting and Watching at Peets, ink, 5x8"

Waiting and Watching at Peets, ink, 5×8″

I love the way the big guy seems to be looking at the pretty girl’s butt in her shiny black tights. In reality they got in line at different times, but my drawing took on a life of its own.

One of the things I love about living in the Bay area is the wide variety of people you see, dressed however they please, with either no concern about fashion or a style all their own. I fit right in!

This entry was posted in Drawing, Life in general, People, Sketchbook Pages, Urban Sketchers and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Waiting and Watching (and Sketching)

1. Judy says:

Nice lively sketch Jana— nice not to have to worry about how your dressed!!

2. annie says:

Jana, you’re a hoot! Your guy eyeballing that girl’s butt has made my day.
    It looks funnier the more I look at it. To think that you got that humor without
    even meaning to, just from doing a composite of the people in line. And
    just by doing a couple of YOUR lines–subtle, but penetrating.
    annie

3. Reblogged this on "withDRAWING" and commented:
    I wish I could to sketch like this. :)

4. Carol C says:

I like the story you’re telling in your blog page, whether or not it’s reflecting reality!

5. Sue Pownall says:

Great story that emerged from your lovely sketch.
    It’s a shame you could sketch the ladies at tea but I love the building sketches and kudos to you all for sketching the BART – what an amazing an difficult subject brilliantly captures.

6. advchandran says:

Nice sketch…………

7. advchandran says:

Reblogged this on Advchandran's Blog and commented:
    interesting sketches and stories………….